- Squash, apple & sweet potato make this rich orange tangy soup a hit!
- Susan Holden
- splash of oil for saute
- 1 small to medium onion, finely diced
- 1 (or more to taste) garlic clove, finely diced or crushed
- 1 medium sized butternut squash, peeled and cubed
- 1 large apple, peeled and cubed
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and cubed
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) apple juice
- 1 cup (225 ml) chicken stock
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) white wine (optional)
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) salt & white pepper
- Lightly saute garlic and onion.
- Add squash and sweet potato, cook for 5 minutes or so.
- Add apple chunks, cook for a few more minutes.
- Add juice, stock, and wine, and bring to a boil.
- Add nutmeg, salt and pepper.
- Cook for 30 minutes until all ingredients are tender.
- In a food processor or blender, puree all ingredients until creamy.
- Garnish bowl with a blob of sour cream in center and a sprig of parsley.
- If using a low fat stock, this soup is fat free, yet it has a rich creamy
consistency that will fool all your dinner guest!