- Yummy buttery mint flavored cookie
Serves/Makes:approximately 12 cookes
- 1 cup (225 ml) butter, room temperature (not margarine)
- 1 cup (225 ml) Kraft Butter Mints, crushed (place in Ziploc bag and use rolling pin)
- 2 cups (475 ml) flour
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) of sugar
- Sprinkles or candied fruit for topping
- Cream butter until light.
- Add crushed mints and flour. Blend well, then chill dough.
- With floured fingers, pat dough into a 9 inch square pan on waxed paper.
- Sprinkle with super fine sugar.
- Cut into 1-1/2 inch squares and place on ungreased cookie sheets and decorate tops with sprinkles or candied fruit.
- Bake at 300 degrees (150 C.) for 18 to 20 minutes, until pale golden brown. DO NOT OVERBAKE.
- An interesting variation is to use 1 to 2 tbsp (30 ml) of a fine ground, premium cocoa with the flour.
- I recommend doubling this recipe.
- From an old cookbook, "Cookies, Carols and Cheer" by Winter Derus.