Frozen Lime Buttermint Salad
Serves/Makes:6 or more
- 2 13-1/2 oz (378 grm). cans crushed pineapple; do not drain.
- 1 3 oz (84 grm). package lime jello (do not dissolve)
- 1 10 oz (280 grm). package miniature marshmallows (I use Kraft)
- 1 7 oz (196 grm). package Kraft Buttermints, crushed in zip bag with a rolling pin
- 1 pint whipping cream or Cool Whip
- Pour pineapple into large bowl, add jello powder and marshmallows. Mix well; cover bowl and set in refrigerator overnight.
- In the morning, whip the cream (put bowl and mixer beaters in the freezer the night before.)
- Fold whipping cream into crushed buttermints.
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Pour into a 9 inch by 13 inch pan and freeze.
- Remove from freezer 10 minutes before serving.
- Cut into squares and serve on lettuce leaf.
- Copper Town Cookbook from Jerome, AZ published in 1972. Sandra Smull
Holiday is the credited contributor.