Pumpkin Roll with Cream Cheese Filling
- This roll won 1st place in Betty Crockers back in 1975, I believe.
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup (225 ml) granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup (150 ml) pumpkin
- 1 tsp (5 ml) lemon juice
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) all purpose flour
- 1 tsp (5 ml) baking powder
- 2 tsp (10 ml) cinnamon
- 1 tsp (5 ml) ginger
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) salt
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) chopped walnuts
- 1 cup (225 ml) confectioners sugar
- 2 pkgs of 3 oz (84 grm) cream cheese
- 4 tbsp (60 ml) margarine
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) vanilla
- Combine the filling ingredients and beat smooth. Set aside.
- Beat eggs on high speed of mixer for 5 minutes, gradually beat in sugar.
- Stir in pumpkin and lemon juice.
- Stir together dry ingredients; fold into pumpkin mixture.
- Grease and flour a sheet of foil and place in a 15 inch by 10 inch pan.
- Top with nuts.
- Bake at 375 degrees (200 C.) for only 15 minutes.
- Immediately turn this out on a towel (not terry) that has been sprinkled with confectioner sugar.
- Starting at the narrow end, roll the towel and cake together, and let cool.
- When cool, unroll and spread the cream cheese filling over the cake.
- Reroll the cake.
- Chill and serve.
- ENJOY. this is really delicious....
- Got this recipe from friend and it is fun to make and very good. I was
looking for some interesting soup recipes and came across your request.
Although it is after the holidays, I am sure you will still enyoy. Good