- A moist, almond-encrusted and glazed bundt cake that is a hands down favorite at a party (or for the family.)
- Linda Engbarth Weissert
- 1 yellow cake mix (NOT pudding type)
- 1 3-1/2 oz (98 grm). box instant vanilla pudding
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp (5 ml) almond extract
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) Amaretto
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) sliced almonds
- 8 oz (224 grm). (1 stick) butter
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) Amaretto
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) water
- 1 cup (225 ml) sugar
- Blend ingredients (except nuts) and beat on high for 2 minutes.
- Grease bundt pan and sprinkle evenly with almonds to coat pan.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake at 325 degrees (175 C.) for 50 to 60 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool.
- Remove from pan and place cake on rack over deep dish.
- Combine ingredients in pan.
- Bring to boil and, while stirring, continue to boil glaze for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Spoon hot glaze over cake. Glaze that runs off will collect in the dish so repeat this step until all glaze is absorbed by cake.
- Plan to prepare this cake 1 to 2 days ahead because the flavor mellows and gets better and better.
- I don't know if this is the kind of almond cake the requester is looking
for, but I know its one he or she will be proud to serve. Besides being
delicious, it is a BEAUTIFUL cake and looks like its a LOT more work than
it is. Enjoy!