- Custard dessert
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 can evaporated milk
- 4 oz (112 grm) cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- Caramel sauce:
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) sugar
- Place all ingredients, except sugar, in a blender and mix well at high speed.
- In an 8 inch or 9 inch metal round cake pan, (avoid non-stick), melt 1/2 cup (125 ml) sugar over medium heat, moving the pan over the burner frequently.
- Watch the sugar closely as it melts. It burns easily.
- Once the sugar is carmelized, pour mixture into cake pan.
- Place the cake pan in "water bath" (I use the bottom of my broiler pan, and pour in enough water to cover at least 1/3 of the bottom of the cake pan.)
- Bake at 350 degrees (175 C.) for 30 to 45 minutes or until flan is no longer "soupy" and lightly browned on top.
- Let cool completely, and invert on round platter. Enjoy!