- Christine Ono
- 1 8 oz (224 grm). pkg cream cheese
- 2 green onions, minced
- 1 pkg imitation crab meat or 2 6 oz (168 grm). cans crabmeat, shredded
- 48 won ton skins
- salad oil for frying
- water for sealing
- Cream the cheese in a mixer.
- Add the green onions and the crabmeat and blend well.
- Place about 1-1/2 tsp (7 ml) of the mixture in the skin, and smooth out.
- Moisten two adjacent sides of the wonton skin with fingertip.
- Fold the "dry" corner over the mix to form a triangle. Press the edges to seal.
- Heat oil to approximately 375 degrees (200 C.) and fry a few at a time, turning over half way through till golden brown.
- Remove from oil and drain on paper towels.
- Be sure the edges are sealed well otherwise the filling will come out
during frying. Also, they can be made ahead of time and frozen. Freeze by
laying them on out on a single layer to prevent them from sticking to each
other; then after frozen put them in a ziploc. If using frozen rangoons,
be sure to check again that the edges are sealed, because freezing them
can cause the edges to separate. Moisten edges and lightly press to reseal.
(Be careful - the water will cause a little splashing in hot oil!!!) Reduce
temperature to accomodate longer heating time.