Pineapple Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
- One of the best cakes you'll ever eat!!
- Darlene Stanley of Kouts,IN
Serves/Makes:1 13x9 inch cake size
- 2 lbs (.9 kg). can crushed pineapple (undrained)
- 2 cups (475 ml) flour
- 2 cups (475 ml) sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp (10 ml) soda
- 8 0z. cream cheese (room temp)
- 1 stick butter or margarine (softened to room temp)
- 2 cups (475 ml) powered sugar
- 1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla
- Grease and flour your 13 inch 9 inch pan and preheat oven to 350 degrees (175 C.).
- For the cake:
- Mix all ingredients completely and pour into pan. (you may add 1/2 to 1 cup (225 ml) nuts)
- Bake at the 350 degrees (175 C.) for 35 to 40 minutes.
- Cool cake completely.
- For the frosting:
- Mix all frosting ingredients and frost cooled Pineapple Cake.
- I promise this will be a hit. Even my friends who are not fond
of pineapple love it. This is a very moist cake.