- Chicken breasts in cheese and wine sauce
- 4 boneless/skinless chicken breasts
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 Tbsp (30 ml). butter
- 1 cup (225 ml) sour cream
- 1 - 10-1/2 oz (294 grm). can cream of chicken soup
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) shredded mozzerella cheese
- 3 Tbsp (45 ml). shredded parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) white wine
- In large skillet (with lid), over medium-high heat, melt butter.
- Cook garlic in melted butter for 30 seconds.
- Add chicken and brown 3 to 4 minutes each side.
- Meanwhile, mix rest of ingredients in a bowl.
- When chicken is browned, add soup/cheese/wine mixture.
- Lower heat to meduim-low.
- Cover and simmer 1/2 hour or until chicken is tender, stirring occasionally.
- This is delicious served with egg noodles and brocolli.
- This dish was invented by my sister-in-law's mother. It is a favorite
in our home.