- An eggplant lasagna
- My Own Creation
- 1 large eggplant
- 2 eggs, beaten
- flour for dipping
- oil to cover 1/4" bottom of electric skillet
- prepared spaghetti sauce
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) shredded pizza cheese (1/2 mozzarella - 1/2 cheddar)
- 1 lb (.5 kg). sliced mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (175 C.).
- Slice eggplant (unpeeled) into 1/4" rounds.
- Dip in beaten egg, dredge in flour.
- Saute quickly in oil in preheated 350 degree (175 C.) skillet.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Spoon a thin layer of spaghetti sauce into bottom of rectangular glass baking dish.
- Place a single layer of eggplant on sauce.
- Lay sliced mozarella cheese on top of eggplant.
- Place another layer of eggplant on top - spread on more sauce.
- Sprinkle shredded pizza cheese on top.
- Cover with foil and bake for approximately 35 minutes.
- Uncover and bake for another 20 minutes or until slightly browned on top.
- Let stand about 15 minutes and cut into serving portions as you like.