- Karl Garst Jacksonville FL.
- 1 medium eggplant, peeled
- 4 cups (950 ml) mozzarella cheese
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) parmesan cheese
- 1 onion
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) milk
- 29 oz (812 grm). tomato sauce
- 1 cup (225 ml) all purpose flour
- peanut oil
- Cut eggplant into 1/2 inch slices.
- Combine egg and milk.
- Dip eggplant slices into egg mixture and then dust with the flour.
- Heat peanut oil in a large skillet.
- Fry eggplant slices until golden on both sides.
- Mix salt, pepper, parsley, oregano to taste in tomato sauce.
- In a 1-1/2 quarts (1425 ml) casserole dish alternate layers of eggplant, tomato sauce, onion, and mozzarella cheese.
- Sprinkle top with parmesan cheese and bake at 325 degrees (175 C.) for 40 to 45 minutes.