- Eggplant and beef patties in Italian sacue
- Terri Weidman
- 1 lb (.5 kg). ground beef
- 1 medium eggplant
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) oil
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) flour
- 2 8 oz (224 grm). cans tomato sauce
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) oregano
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) parmesan cheese
- 1 cup (225 ml) grated cheddar
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Slice eggplant into 1 inch thick slices. Do not peel.
- Combine flour, salt and pepper.
- Coat eggplant slices in flour and saute in heated oil until lightly browned on both sides.
- Place cooked eggplant slices in shallow baking dish.
- Shape hamburger into 1 inch thick patties and cook until brown on both sides.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Top eggplant with patty.
- Cover with tomato sauce.
- Sprinkle with cheese and oregano.
- Top with cheddar and bake at 325 degrees (175 C.) for 35 to 40 minutes.
- My mom used to fix this and I love it. Kids like it because they don't
realize they are eating eggplant.