Creamy Cheddar Cheese Cauliflower Soup
- My own creation
- 1 head cauliflower, cut in flowerets
- 5 cups (1175 ml) chicken stock or 5 cups (1175 ml) water with 5 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) uncooked rice
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) chopped celery
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) chopped onion
- 1-1/4 tsp (6 ml). dry mustard
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml). garlic powder
- 2 tsp (10 ml). Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup (225 ml) milk or half and half
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) flour
- 2-1/2 cups (600 ml) cheddar cheese (10 oz)
- sliced green onion, snipped watercress or snipped parsley
- Put cauliflower, stock, rice, onions, and celery into a large saucepan.
- Bring to boiling; simmer until cauliflower is crisp-tender and rice is cooked (about 10 minutes).
- Gradually add milk to flour, blending until smooth, stir into soup.
- Add seasonings.
- Bring to boiling, stirring constantly until thickened.
- Reduce heat, add cheddar cheese and continue to simmer until melted.
- Sprinkle each serving with green onion, watercress or parsley.
- January is national soup month, enjoy!