- becki tracy
- 2 cups (475 ml) mascarpone (Italiam cream cheese)
- 4 eggs separated
- 8 tbsp (125 ml) granulated sugar
- 48 ladyfingers
- 2/3 cup (150 ml) espresso coffee
- 2/3 cup (150 ml) Cream de Cacao or Grand Mariner
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) semi sweet chocolate chips, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) cocoa powder, unsweetened
- Blend together sugar and egg yolks until mixture becomes white.
- Add mascarpone.
- In a separate bowl, beat egg whites until stiff.
- Blend into cream cheese mixture, add chocolate chips.
- Mix espresso and liquer in another bowl.
- Dip ladyfingers in espresso-liquer mixture long enough to absorb liquid, but not to fall apart.
- Place 24 ladyfingers in rows on the bottom of a 9 inch x 13 inch tray.
- Spread half the cream cheese mixture on top of the ladyfingers.
- Make a second layer of 24 ladyfingers and top with another layer of cream cheese mixture.
- Finish by sprinkling cocoa powder on top.
- Refrigerate at least 2 hours, preferably overnight.