Spaghetti Squash and Beef Bake
- 1/2 lb (.2 kg). lean ground beef
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) chopped onion
- 1 tsp (5 ml). grated garlic
- 1 tsp (5 ml). oregano
- 8 oz (224 grm). tomato sauce
- 2 cups (475 ml) spaghetti squash
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) melted butter
- 1/8 tsp (1 ml). each salt and pepper
- 15 oz (420 grm). ricotta cheese
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup (225 ml) mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) parmesan cheese
- In a skillet, brown meat, stir in onion, garlic and oregano.
- Cook until onion is tender.
- Add sauce, bring to boil, set aside.
- In a seperate bowl, combine squash, butter, salt, pepper.
- Add ricotta, mozzarella and eggs.
- In lightly greased 9 inch square baking dish, place half the squash mix.
- Add a layer of each: cheese mixture, ground beef and parmesan.
- Repeat layers.
- Bake 45 minutes at 350 degrees (175 C.).
- Although this serves 6 and we are just a family of 2, it's
still a pleasure to have the leftovers for lunch or another meal.