- (from their cookbook)
- Jane W.
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) flour
- 1-1/2 tsp (7 ml) salt
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) paprika
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) pepper
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) nonfat dry milk powder
- 1 cut-up frying chicken
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) butter
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) hot water
- Dip chicken into water.
- Coat with mixture of flour and seasonings.
- Put skin side up into 13 inch x 9 inch baking pan.
- Dot with butter.
- Bake at 425 degrees (225 C.) for 30 minutes (or until golden brown).
- Remove from oven.
- Pour milk around chicken.
- Cover with aluminum foil.
- Return to oven and bake at 350 degrees (175 C.) for 45 minutes.
- This is from the little cookbook sold at Stephenson's. The recipe says
"Always on our menu."