- Pork Chops in a tangy tomato sauce
- Jackie Kern
- 6 1 inch thick pork chops
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cubes chicken boullion
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) basil
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) oregano
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) rosemary
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) water
- 1 28 oz (784 grm). can crushed tomatoes (use between 3/4 to full can)
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) ground nutmeg
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) brown sugar
- In a large skillet, brown pork chops in olive oil and garlic.
- Remove pork chops from pan and place in 9 x 11 inch baking dish.
- Add chicken boullion, basil, oregano, rosemary and two tbsp of water to skillet.
- Heat on simmer for 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add crushed tomatoes, nutmeg and brown sugar.
- Blend all ingredients together and simmer for a few minutes.
- Pour mixture over pork chops.
- Bake in pre-heated 425 degree (225 C.) oven for 10 minutes.
- Turn oven down to 350 degrees (175 C.) and bake for another 25 minutes.
- I am always making things up as I go along. My husband said I should start
writing my recipes down so I can make the same thing again. I wrote this
one down and gave it to a few friends. They said it was so easy and soooo
delicious so I thought I would share it with you.