- J. Benini
- 1-1/2 lbs (.7 kg). round steak
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) flour
- pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) butter
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) chopped onion
- 4 oz (112 grm). sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 can beef broth
- 1 cup (225 ml) sour cream
- cooked noodles or rice
- Cut round steak into 1/4 inch strips.
- Combine flour and pepper and coat steak.
- Heat skillet then add butter.
- When melted, add beef strips and brown quickly on both sides.
- Add mushrooms and onion:cook 3 to 4 minutes until lightly brown.
- Add broth and cook one hour.
- Stir in sour cream.
- Cook over low heat 5 minutes.
- Serve over cooked noodles or rice.
- Found this recipe in a local church cookbook. I like the recipe because it
is easy and there isn't a whole lot of sour cream so you taste the other
ingredients. Hope you like it as much as I do.