- Quick, high protein breakfast
- Karen Jourdan Bauch
- 1 large egg
- 1 slice of bread, any kind will do except rye.
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) butter or margerine
- Cut a round 2-1/2 inch diameter hole in center of bread. Discard the hole.
- Melt butter in frying pan.
- Place bread in frying pan. Place egg in center hole of bread. Fry at med-high heat for approximately 5 minutes.
- Turn and cook other side for 3 minutes.
- Remove from pan and serve.
- Put a little warm buttered spinach on top for a "real" Popeye touch.
- If you're in a rush but need to eat breakfast, this is the recipe for you.
It's much healthier than a poptart!! Kids love them (ed.)