- Karen Jourdan Bauch
Serves/Makes:8 as side dish
- 2 cans smoked oysters, drained
- 2 large tomatoes, diced
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, torn into bite size pieces
- 1 medium size jar pepperoncini peppers, drained and chopped.
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) (more to taste) Mayonaise or Miracle Whip
- Combine all ingredients except Mayonaise. Make sure oysters are evenly distributed throughout salad.
- Add mayonaise a little at a time.
- When salad is slightly creamy, stop adding mayonaise. Toss well.
- Serve chilled or at room temperature.
- This salad will not keep in the refridgerator. It's so good,
you probably won't have any left-overs anyway. Also, I know folks who
don't like oysters but LOVE this salad.