Hamburger Potato Casserole
- 1-1/2 pounds lean hamburger
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/8 tsp (1 ml) garlic powder (you may want to add just a bit more!)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) ketchup (may want to add more for saucier mix!)
- 1 6 oz (168 grm). can tomato sauce
- 5 potatoes, peeled and sliced very thin
- grated cheddar cheese
- Brown hamburger and onion; drain well.
- Add tomato sauce, ketchup and seasonings; simmer 10 minutes.
- Layer meat, potatoes, and cheese in 2 quarts (1900 ml) ungreased casserole.
- Cover and bake at 400 degrees (200 C.) for 1 hour or until potatos are fork tender.