- Great bread for any meal,especially if you have a reaction to milk products.
- Darlene Stanley of Kouts,IN
Serves/Makes:8 large buns
- 3 pkg. yeast
- 1 tbsp (15 ml). honey
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) tepid water
- 1 tsp (5 ml). salt
- 3-3/4 cups (875 ml) flour
- Dissolve yeast and honey in tepid water.
- Sift in flour and salt.
- Mix well and knead lightly on a floured board.
- Cut into 8 equal pieces and shape into rounds.
- Roll or flatten with your hands until about 5 in. across and
- 1/4 in. thick.
- Place on lightly greased cookie sheets.(you'll need 2)
- Cover with towels and let rise in a warm place approx. 1 hour.
- They should be about 3/4 in thick after raising.
- Bake in a hot, 500 degree (250 C.) oven for 7 to 8 minutes. (500 degrees (250 C.) is correct.)
- My son, Glen, is 22 years old and if we have a good mashed potato
dinner we can not have it without these. Really, everyone loves them.