- Great when dieting for a snack.
- Darlene Stanley of Kouts, IN
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) shortening
- 3 packets sweet and low (or 3 tsp (15 ml) sugar)
- 2 eggs
- 1-3/4 cups (425 ml) flour
- 1 tsp (5 ml) baking powder
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) soda
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) salt
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) mashed ripe bananas
- Cream together shortening, sweet and low, and eggs. Beat well.
- Add flour, baking powder, soda and salt. Beat well.
- Add bananas and beat well again.
- Pour into muffin pans or cups.
- Bake at 300 degrees (150 C.) for 10 minutes.
- One muffin is only 65 calories. I had a very heavy friend
she ate right and stopped snacking except on these and lost easy
60 pounds. She has never eaten a french fry since.