- A cream of spinach with pepper to liven up the taste for those who do not like spinach plain. Try this for something new and different!
- Rose Taitague
- 2 boxes of chopped spinach - thawed
- 1 cup (225 ml) of mayonnaise (you can substitute sour cream)
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) of turmeric (or put enough to give that yellow color)
- 1 tsp (5 ml) crushed red pepper, more or less to taste
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) oil
- lemon (optional)
- Heat oil in pan.
- Cooked onion until soft.
- Add thawed spinach to onions and stir; cook for about 10 minutes.
- Add mayonnaise (or sour cream) to spinach and onions stir to mix thoroughly.
- Turn down heat.
- Add red pepper to taste.
- Add turmeric and mix well.
- Season with salt, if needed, and squeeze a lemon (do not add lemon if using sour cream).
- This recipe is really good! I made this easier for those who can find
these ingredients in your supermarket. The original recipe called for
coconut milk instead of mayonnaise. If you can find coconut milk, I
believe it will taste really good!