- Potatoes as a compliment to summer time outdoor grilling.
- Mike Maxey
- 4 large baking potatoes (peels left on) cut into 1 inch chunks
- 4 oz (112 grm). (1 stick) of butter
- 1 large sweet onion cut into chunks
- 4 carrots cut into 1 inch pieces
- 4 stalks of celery cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) garlic powder
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) Old Bay seasoning
- 1 tsp (5 ml) black pepper
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) salt
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) parsley flakes
- (I normally don't measure anything , just make it to your taste.)
- Have gas grill on high.
- Use an old deep pan such as an aluminum or stainless dish pan.
- Add the stick of butter, onion, celery, carrots, potatoes, and spices in this order. (The steam from the green veggies helps cook the potatoes on top of the mix.)
- Cover the pan and seal it with foil and place on your grill for about 15 minutes or until potatoes are done.
- Serve right from the pan!
- I helped make this delicious dish while I was in the Army.
Three of my friends and I were on temporary duty, ( no money ) and were
hungry one Saturday night, so we helped clean out a refrigerator in the
barracks. All we could find to cook in was a dish pan. We cooked over an
open fire behind the building and it was one of the best meals we had.
So try it and enjoy the Dish Pan Potatoes.