- All done in the cake pan.
- Darlene Stanley of Kouts, IN.
Serves/Makes:1 13x9 inch pan
- 3 cups (700 ml) sifted all purpose flour
- 6 tbsp (90 ml) cocoa
- 2 tsp (10 ml) baking soda
- 2 cups (475 ml) sugar
- 1 tsp (5 ml) salt
- 2 tsp (10 ml) vinegar
- 2 tsp (10 ml) vanilla
- 10 tbsp (150 ml) vegetable oil
- 2 cups (475 ml) water
- Sift first 5 ingredients together into a greased 9 inch x 13 inch cake pan.
- Make 3 impressions into the dry ingredients.
- Pour vinegar into one, vanilla into another, and oil into the last.
- Pour the water over all and then mix with a fork until it is well mixed and smooth.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree (175 C.) oven for 35 minutes.
- This is a real moist cake and that's right, no eggs. I always frost it
with my favorite vanilla frosting, but you can use anything you like.
My husband and son like it with no frosting.