- Annegret Lackman
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) butter
- 1 cup (225 ml) chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tsp (5 ml). curry powder
- 1/3 tsp (2 ml). salt
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml). ground coriander
- 1/8 tsp (1 ml). crushed red pepper
- 3 cups (700 ml) chicken broth
- 1-3/4 cups (425 ml) (16 oz (448 grm). can) Libby's solid-pack pumpkin
- 1 cup (225 ml) half & half
- sour cream & chives (opt.)
- In large saucepan, melt butter, saute onion and garlic until soft.
- Add curry powder, salt, coriander and red pepper; cook 1 minute.
- Add broth gently, uncovered, for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Stir in pumpkin and half & half; cook 5 minutes.
- Pour into blender container. Blend until creamy.
- Serve warm, or reheat to desired temperature.
- Garnish with dollop of sour cream and chopped chives, if desired.