Stuffed Portabello Mushrooms
- 2 large portabello mushrooms, stems removed
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) pesto
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) bread crumbs
- salt and pepper
- Wash and quickly dry the mushrooms.
- Mix pesto, cheese, and bread crumbs in a bowl.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Spoon into the mushroom centers, packing the mixture down and spreading to the edges.
- Bake at 350 degrees (175 C.) until the cheese is lightly browned, about 15 or 20 minutes.
- Serve with a knife and fork, and your favorite beverage.
- The large size of these mushrooms makes for a stunning appetizer. Add a
bit of any fresh herbs you have handy, like parsley, basil, or tarragon
for a little bit fresher flavor.