- A Love
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) butter
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp (5 ml). vanilla
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) boiling water
- 1 tsp (5 ml). baking soda
- 3 cups (700 ml) flour
- jam or jelly for filling
- Cream sugar and butter in bowl.
- Add eggs vanilla and water.
- In another bowl combine dry ingredients.
- Add all at once to wet ingredients and stir until well combined.
- Dough should pull away from side of bowl.
- Roll tspfuls of dough in sugar.
- Using your thumb create an indent in the middle of the cookie and fill with jam or jelly.
- Place on greased cookie sheets and bake in 350, preheated oven for 8 to 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- I'm not too sure about the quantity this makes as I haven't made it in a
while and it was a recipe that my mother wrote down for me. And we all know
how mothers are!