- A Love
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) butter
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1-3/4 cups (425 ml) flour
- 2 tsp (10 ml). baking powder
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). salt
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml). baking soda
- 1 cup (225 ml) mashed banana
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) chopped nuts
- Cream together butter and sugar, then add eggs and beat well.
- In another bowl combine dry ingedients and stir well.
- Add to wet mixture alternately with banana, beating well after each addition.
- Stir in walnuts.
- Pour into a well greased loaf pan.
- Bake in 350 degree (175 C.) oven for about 1 hour or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Remove hot out of the pan, cool on wire rack.
- I sometimes add a little more nuts or even spread a few on top of the batter
before it goes in the oven.