- 3 cups (700 ml) flour
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) sugar
- 2 Tbsp (30 ml) baking powder
- 1 tsp (5 ml) baking soda
- 1 tsp (5 ml) salt
- 1 egg beaten
- 2 cups (475 ml) buttemilk
- 1 Tbsp (15 ml) caraway seeds
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) butter, melted
- 1 cup (225 ml) raisins (optional)
- Mix all dry ingredients, except caraway and raisins in large mixing bowl.
- In seperate bowl beat egg, and buttermilk. Add to dry ingredients.
- Coat raisins with 1 Tbsp (15 ml) flour and stir into mixture with caraway.
- Mix in melted butter.
- Pour into greased and floured bread pan and bake at 325 degrees (175 C.) for 60 to 70 minutes.
- I usually bake 4 or 5 loaves for our Senior Bake sale and it's
usually the first to go.