- To serve over Cream Cheese with Crackers.
- Patty Johnson
Serves/Makes:6 half pints
- 1 cup (225 ml) Bell Peppers, ground
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) hot, red chili OR jalepeno peppers, ground
- 6-1/2 cups (1525 ml) sugar
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) cider vinegar
- 1 bottle Certo
- Clean the peppers, wearing rubber gloves.
- Discard all seeds excepts some from the hot peppers.
- Grind or chop very fine.
- Mix all ingredients except the Certo.
- Boil mixture about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let stand for 20 minutes.
- Heat again to a hard rolling boil, stirring constantly for 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add 6-8 drops of red or green food coloring and the Certo.
- Stir well, put in jars and seal.
- This recipe came out of the OUT OF OUR LEAGUE cookbook from
the Junior League of Greensboro, N.C. There is also a
sweet red pepper jelly recipe.