- Patty Johnson
Serves/Makes:6 as a very rich starter
- 3-1/2 cups (825 ml) chicken stock or vegetable stock, well flavored
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large carrot, peeled and chopped
- 1 rib celery with leaves, chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cup (225 ml) creamy peanut butter
- 2 tsp (10 ml). honey
- 1 can (13 oz (364 grm).) evaporated milk or 1-2/3 cups (400 ml) heavy whipping cream
- Finely chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
- Chopped dry-roasted salted or honey-roasted peanuts for garnish
- In a soup pot combine the stock, onion, carrot, celery, and bay leaf.
- Bring to a boil, then turn heat down to medium-low.
- Simmer, covered, until vegetables are very soft, about 15 minutes.
- Strain the stock, discarding the vegetables and bay leaf.
- Return stock to the pot and stir in the peanut butter. It may look curdled at first, but will smooth out.
- Stir in honey and evaporated milk.
- Serve hot, garnished with parsley and peanuts.
- This recipe comes from Soup and Bread cookbook. It is a country inn
cookbook and has many wonderful soup recipes.