- tomato and green chili salsa
- nathan kane
- 6 roma tomatoes
- 1 small can green chilies
- 1 medium onion
- 1 fresh jalepeno
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) fresh cilantro
- 1/2 stalk of celery
- 1-1/2 tsp (7 ml) salt
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) crushed red pepper
- 4 cloves garlic
- Remove juice from tomatos (optional).
- Using a food processor, mince garlic, jalepeno and celery.
- Add tomatoes (quartered) and onions (quartered) and blend with garlic.
- Add remaining ingredients and gently mix.
- Serve with tortilla chips.
- it is not neccesary to remove the juice from the tomatoes, but I have
found that roma tomatoes work the best. If other tomatoes are used it
is best to remove the juice. Crushed red pepper can be adjusted to taste.