- Great American Recipes
- 4 half chicken breasts, boned, skinned, cubed
- 6 slices bacon
- 1 green pepper
- 1 red pepper
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). chili powder
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). garlic powder
- 3 Tbsp (45 ml). chopped fresh parsley
- In large skillet, cook bacon over medium high heat until crisp. Drain on paper towel.
- Discard all but 1 tbsp (15 ml) bacon fat.
- Rinse and seed peppers. Cut into strips.
- In skillet with bacon fat, add onion and peppers. Saute over medium heat for about 5 minutes.
- Add chicken and spices.
- Cook, stirring, for about 15 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Crumble bacon and sprinkle on top.
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve immediately.
- Use chopped cilantro for a different taste in place of parsley. You may
add more exotic spices like cumin or mace, if desired.
Good served with warm corn tortillas or cooked rice or beans and a green
salad for a balanced meal. I also like this recipe with turkey instead