- Good and easy to make.
- Darlene Stanley of Kouts, IN.
Serves/Makes:large roasting dish
- 1-1/2 pound ground chuck or better grade beef
- 1 large jar spaghetti sauce with meat flavor
- 12 lasagne noodles (cooked and drained)
- 1-1/2 lbs (.7 kg). mozzarella cheese
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) cottage cheese
- Brown ground chuck, drain, mix it with the spaghetti sauce and cottage cheese.
- Boil noodles according to directions on the box; drain and rinse.
- Grease a big roasting pan.
- Layer sauce mix in bottom of the pan and sprinkle this layer only with oregano.
- Sprinkle cheese on top of this layer and add a layer of noodles. ( I usually have 3 noodles to a layer.)
- Then layer sauce, cheese and noodles again. I have 3 layers of noodles and end with sauce and cheese on top.
- Bake at 350 degrees (175 C.) for at least 30 minutes or until cheese melts and has browned a bit.
- I like to use Prego spaghetti sauce. My most requested recipe from the Kouts Girls Basketball Team of "1991".
This is great when company is coming also because you can cook it ahead of time and
keep it in the refrigerator. Then I serve it with a salad and garlic toast.