Linguine with White Clam Sauce
- Probably the best you will ever had, family recipe given to me by my Mom.
- 2 large cans whole clams, chopped
- 8 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) olive oil
- small bottle of clam juice
- oregano, to taste
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) fresh parsley, chopped
- black pepper, to taste
- 1 lb (.5 kg). linqiuni or spaghetti
- locatelli or parmesan cheese, grated
- Cook pasta according to directions, best as al dente.
- Meanwhile in electric frying pan or large skillet, saute garlic, with parsley and black pepper.
- Add clam juice, heat to boiling, then turn down heat.
- Add clams but, DO NOT BOIL.
- Put pasta in large bowl and pour sauce over it, then toss.
- Add oregano to taste.
- Serve immediately with grated locatelli or parmesan cheese.