- Chili with beans and chicken
- Sue Moscaritolo
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 medium green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp (5 ml). garlic powder
- 2 tsp (10 ml).oil
- 2 15-1/2 oz (434 grm). cans great Northern beans
- 1 14-1/2 oz (406 grm). can chicken broth
- 1 tsp (5 ml). ground cumin
- 1 tsp (5 ml). chili powder
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). oregano
- 1/8 tsp (1 ml). cloves
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml). cayenne pepper
- 3 cups (700 ml) cooked, skinless chicken breast
- salsa and chopped green onion for garnish, optional
- In large saucepan, saute onion, bell pepper and garlic in oil, until tender.
- Add beans, broth, cumin, chili powder, oregano, cloves and pepper.
- Heat to boiling.
- Turn down heat to simmer and stir frequently.
- Dice cooked chicken and add to pot.
- Simmer 15 to 20 minutes, or until liquid thickens.
- Garnish with dab of salsa and sprinkle of green onion (optional).
- Just found this recipe and tried it for my church women's group potluck
supper. They loved it and one friend (who hates chili) actually loved this
and wants the recipe!