Linguine with White Clam Sauce
- Pasta dish with clams and olive oil
- Sue Moscaritolo
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) olive oil
- 2 large cloves garlic, pureed
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) finely chopped parsley, or 6 tsp (30 ml). of dried parsley
- 3/4 tsp (4 ml). oregano or crushed basil leaves
- 2 cans minced or whole baby clams
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) dry white wine
- 1 lb (.5 kg). linguine
- Boil linguine in large pot while preparing rest of recipe.
- Heat oil in large skillet.
- Add pureed garlic, parsley and oregano or basil. (Put garlic in last and turn off burner, do not let garlic turn brownish yellow.)
- Saute 5 minutes.
- Add clams, clam liquid and wine.
- Simmer 5 minutes or until sauce is somewhat reduced.
- Pour over boiled and rinsed (rinse very well) linguine.
- This recipe was given to me by an Italian friend of mine about 20 years
ago and it is still great today!