- A double crusted appetizer pie.
- Chef Chiqui Collier
Serves/Makes:8 appetizer portions
- Pastry for one double 9-inch pie
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) olive oil
- 1 14 oz (392 grm). can quartered artichoke hearts, drained
- 1 cup (225 ml) fresh mushrooms, sliced
- Garlic powder to taste
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup (225 ml) each: shredded Swiss, cheddar, and mozarella cheeses
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) sliced, pitted black olives
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). lemon-pepper
- Saute artichoke and mushrooms in olive oil. Season with garlic powder and lemon-pepper.
- Place one pie crust in a deep-dish 9 inch pie plate; allowing sides to overhang the plate.
- Spoon artichoke-mushroom mixture into bottom of crust.
- Combile all remaining ingredients and pour over artichoke mixture.
- Top with remaining pie crust. Seal and crimp edges.
- Cut five vent holes in a decorative fashion on top crust.
- Brush pie with an additional egg that has been beaten with a little water added.
- Bake at 350 degrees (175 C.) on a cookie sheet for 40 minutes.
- Let cool 5 minutes. Cut into wedges.
- This recipe is from my family cookbook : Cookery N'Orleans Style