Roasted Vegetable Salad with Lemon and Olive Oil
- An unusual but very tasty combination of roasted vegetables.
- Julee Rosso & Sheila Lukins from the Silver Palate Cookbook
- 2 fennel bulbs (about 1-1/4 lbs (.6 kg). total)
- 1-1/2 lbs (.7 kg). small red new potatoes
- 1-1/2 lbs (.7 kg). haricots verts (thin, tender green beans)
- 2/3 cup (150 ml) olive oil
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) coarse (kosher) salt
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees (225 C.).
- Cut the tops off the fennel, and then cut the bulbs into quarters.
- Thinly slice the potatoes.
- Snap the ends off the beans.
- Combine the fennel, potatoes, oil, and lemon juice in a mixing bowl and toss well.
- Spread the mixture (with the oil and lemon juice) out on a baking sheet, sprinkle with the coarse salt, and bake for 30 minutes.
- Toss the beans with the cooked vegetables, and bake until lightly browned, 10 to 15 minutes. Sprinkle with pepper, and serve hot or at room temperature.
- Viel Gluck (good luck) hope you enjoy
- This cook book gives you the best recipes. These recipes aren't hard
to follow either. They are very stylish, eye-appealing, and very good
with a gourmet flare which sparks your creativity and leaves you feeling
very proud of yourself when pleasing your guests.