- M. Liebenthal
Serves/Makes:4 or more
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) butter
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) flour
- 3 cups (700 ml) warm milk
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 12 oz (336 grm). can water-packed tuna, drained
- 1 large can mushroom pieces, drained
- 1 small can peas and carrots, drained
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). salt
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). white pepper
- 6 cups (1425 ml) cooked broad noodles
- crushed potatoe chips, optional
- shredded chedder cheese, optional
- Melt butter in 2 quarts (1900 ml) saucepan.
- Blend in flour beating with whisk until flour mixture bubbles.
- Whisk in warm milk until smooth.
- Add cream soup and stir until sauce is smooth.
- Add tuna, mushrooms and peas and carrots to sauce.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour sauce mixture over drained, cooked noodles in 3 quarts (2850 ml) buttered casserole, mixing carefully. Add more milk if sauce is too thick.
- Bake casserole in 350 degree (175 C.) oven for 30 to 40 minutes.
- Note: Casserole may be topped with crushed potato chips or shredded cheddar cheese.