Molasses Bread for a Breadmaker
- Easy Baking Welbuilt Bread Machine
Serves/Makes:one lb. loaf
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) water, plus
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) water
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) dark molasses
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) milk
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) salt
- 1 tsp (5 ml) onion powder
- 2 cups (475 ml) bread flour
- 1 cup (225 ml) medium rye flour
- 1 tbl active dry yeast
- 1 oz (28 grm). melted unsweetened chocolate
- Add ingredients in the order listed except chocolate.
- All ingredients should be at room temperature. I bake this on #6 (Welbuilt).
- Before the end of the last kneading, when my bread machine beeps, I add the melted unsweetened chocolate.