- 1 lb (.5 kg). round cubes or stew beef, cut into bite-size pieces
- 10 ginger snaps, crushed
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) oil (to brown meat)
- 2 cans Campbell's French onion soup
- 1 cup (225 ml) water 1/8 cup (30 ml) cider vinegar
- wide egg noodles, cooked
- Crush ginger snaps (I use a freezer bag sealed and then hit it with a mallet or a hammer).
- Add beef to crushed ginger snaps and shake until evenly coated.
- In hot large frying pan or electric frying pan, cook meat until lightly browned.
- Add soup, water, and vinegar, and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer, covered about 1 hour, stirring occassionally.
- Serve over hot egg noodles.