- Creamy pink sauce for pasta
Serves/Makes:4 or more
- 1/4 lb (.1 kg). prosciutto, chopped
- 1 pint heavy cream
- 1 can (28 oz (784 grm).) crushed tomatoes
- 1 shot vodka, or to taste
- 1 jar (7 oz (196 grm).) roasted red peppers, drained a little, and cut into strips
- 2 tsp (10 ml). garlic powder
- 2 tsp (10 ml). parsley flakes
- 1-1/2 tsp (7 ml). sugar
- 1 tsp (5 ml). salt
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml). black pepper
- 1/8 tsp (1 ml). cayenne pepper
- 1 cup (225 ml) grated romano cheese
- 1 lb (.5 kg). rigatoni, cooked according to manufacturer's directions
- 1 cup (225 ml) frozen peas, cooked (optional)
- Mix all sauce ingredients together, except for rRomano cheese, in medium saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Stir constantly until it comes to a boil.
- Reduce heat and stir in Romano cheese; let simmer 1 minute.
- Stir into cooked rigatoni and top with peas, if using.
- This recipe can also be used as a topping for sauteed or grilled
Freeze any left over sauce for another meal. Just reheat in
microwave or on top of stove.