- John Driscoll
Serves/Makes:30 appetizer servings
- 1 small can (3-2/3 oz (102.7 grm).) smoked oysters
- 1 lb (.5 kg). medium mushrooms
- 2 tbsp (30 ml). minced green onions
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) dairy sour cream
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) fine dry breadcrumbs
- Place oysters in strainer and set asided to drain.
- Wipe mushrooms with damp cloth; remove stems.
- Chop stems very fine.
- In medium bowl, combine chopped mushroom stems, onions, sour cream and breadcrumbs.
- Chop drained oysters very fine and add to breadcrumb mixture.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees (200 C.).
- Spoon oyster mixture evenly into mushroom caps and arrange in bottom (fill side up) of 13 inch by 9 inch baking dish.
- Pour 1/2 cup (125 ml) water around but not on mushrooms.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes in preheated oven until mushrooms are tender.
- Serve warm.
- Yummy for even those who might be squemish about those little critters.