- Low Fat Crab Cakes
Serves/Makes:4 (2 per serving)
- 1 lb (.5 kg). lump crab meat
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) dijon mustard
- 1 egg
- 4 saltine crackers (no fat) crumbs
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) flour
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) Olive Oil
- 4 large lettuce leaves (enough to cover each plate)
- Mix first eight ingredients.
- Make palm sized crab cakes. You can refrigerate up to 24 hours.
- Dust with flour.
- Heat olive oil to medium heat.
- Carefully place crab cakes in olive oil and saute until browned on each side.
- Place lettuce leaves on individual dishes, then place crab cakes on lettuce leaves.
- Serve with cocktail sauce.