- Patty Johnson
Serves/Makes:6 lbs. Pork Spareribs
- 6 lbs (2.7 kg). Pork Spareribs
- 1 10-3/4 oz (301 grm). can tomato soup
- 1 10-1/2 oz (294 grm). can condensed beef broth
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) light or dark molasses
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) cider vinegar
- 1 tsp (5 ml). chili powder
- 1 tsp (5 ml). crushed thyme
- 1 tsp (5 ml). dry mustard
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- dash celery salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (175 C.).
- Mix all ingredients (except spareribs) in saucepan.
- Simmer 10 minutes.
- Roast ribs on rack in shallow pan in preheated 350 degree (175 C.) oven for one hour.
- Drain excess fat.
- Brush sauce over partially cooked ribs.
- Continue roasting ribs 30 to 40 minutes, basting with the sauce every 10 minutes.
- Note: If grilling, partially cook ribs as directed above, baste with sauce and grill 20 minutes on each side. Ribs should be placed 6 inches above gray coals.
- This is my Mother's recipe and the family has enjoyed her
ribs for many years. I hope this is the recipe you are