- Patty Johnson
- 1 3 oz (84 grm). pkg. lemon gelatin
- 1 cup (225 ml) boiling water
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) lemon juice
- 2/3 cup (150 ml) orange juice
- pinch of salt
- 1 13 oz (364 grm). can evaporated milk
- 1 cup (225 ml) sugar
- 2 cups (475 ml) vanilla wafer crumbs
- Dissolve gelatin in boiling water.
- Add juices and salt.
- Chill until slightly thickened.
- Whip evaporated milk until very stiff.
- Gradually beat in sugar and gelatin mixture.
- Pour over vanilla wafer crumbs in 8 inch x 12 inch dish.
- Sprinkle with additional crumbs.
- Chill thoroughly; cut into squared and serve.
- This recipe came from an old Church dessert recipe book
and we all know how good those recipes are.