Cranberry Orange Preserves
- From: Certo Pick of the Season 75th Anniversary Edition Cookbook
- Kelli Greene, Edmonton, AB, Canada
Serves/Makes:about 8 cups
- 6 cups (1425 ml) cranberries
- 5 cups (1175 ml) granulated sugar
- 1 orange, finely chopped
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) water
- 1 pouch certo liquid fruit pectin
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) orange flavoured liqueur
- Measure cranberries into a large saucepan.
- Add sugar, chopped orange and water to fruit and mix well.
- Let stand for 10 minutes.
- Place saucepan over high heat. Bring to a full rolling boil and boil hard 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat.
- Immediately stir in liquid fruit pectin and liqueur.
- Stir and skim foam with metal spoon for 5 minutes to prevent floating fruit.
- Pour quickly into warm, sterilized jars filling up to 1/4 inch from rim.
- Seal while hot with sterilized 2 piece lids with new centers.
- Prep. time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
You can substitute orange juice for liqueur if desired.